Thursday 15 September 2011

The North When Warm

I'm sorry. I've been selfish. Please forgive me.

Looking over my past posts, it dawned on me that most have been about things that I have made or about my puppies. I realized that I had hardly posted anything about this place and its natural beauty, which is its most striking feature, really. So I figured that since Fall has begun and the temperature has dropped, I will display some of the photos that I have taken over the past few months of The North when warm. Thus, without further ado...


 This is my favourite place to go for a walk; it's quite and beautiful and there's a lake at the end of the trail. I found the Saskatoon berries along this back road.
 

An old presumably out-of-use WC. I certainly didn't venture inside. The clouds that day were unbelievably beautiful, as they often are around here.


The road into town is accompanied by many lakes and waterways that make the drive more interesting, although much longer when I factor in the number of times I stop to take pictures.
 

A reminder that we are in Cree Nation. This it the neatest tee-pee I've seen so far. There are a few in some of the backyards in town but none as beautiful as this one.  


The evening is the best time be out (minus the bugs) because of the amazing sunsets that we get up here.

 
Most nights we are treated to a multi-coloured show if we only stop to watch. I try to always take the time to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us.


Simply HAD to stop and snap this sunset pic so that I can forever admire the bold colours and serene waters. I think it's my best yet. 

So there you have it, a little less about me and more about where I am. An overdue treat, as I have already admitted. I'm sure as the seasons change I will have many more gorgeous examples of why I am so blessed by my surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures...especially the last three. The last one in particular is amazing beyond belief!!

    ReplyDelete