Sunday 23 October 2011

Falling for The North

The bounty of Autumn is truly amazing; its beauty never ceases to impress me. As I write this snowflakes are falling around the bare birch branches and sturdy spruce, reminding me of impending winter. I'm also reminded that I'd better post my fall photos, as we are clearly heading into the next season rather more quickly than I was used to in Southern Ontario (not that we don't ever get snow in October; I've seen quite a few flakes fall on or even well before Hallowe-en). The fall colours Up North are a bit different as well, omitting the rich reds of them maple trees and deep oranges and browns, but still beautiful. Enjoy.

The Canadian Shield starting to show signs of the season.

 
The lakeside is particularly beautiful when the leaves start to turn.

  I feel like I'll be taking a lot of pictures of this bend over the years.

 The line of trees remind me of Degas' paintings of the ballerinas. 
Strange? Maybe, but they seem very graceful to me.

 Love the stunning contrast of the deep blue sky and bright yellow leaves.

 The birch trees are mostly sunshine yellow and tangerine.

  A mass of a driftwood root system got lodged on shore, with pleasing results.

 The shores that I gaze out upon regularly. 

 It's so lovely up here.

Not only the changing leaves add to the landscape; 
the reeds and bushes contribute their own sort of beauty.

 
 The afternoon sun encourages the Autumn hues to be at their best. 

 Cherishing the moment with the puppies on a day too beautiful to stay indoors. Fall is gone too quickly up here so you have to take advantage of every nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment